Undergraduate applicants to the School of Architecture follow the normal admissions procedures for Rice University. Please refer to Rice University's undergraduate admission web page for complete application information, requirements and schedules: www.rice.edu/admission.
In addition to University requirements, the School of Architecture strongly recommends an interview and requires a portfolio, as detailed below.
The School of Architecture strongly recommends that all applicants arrange for an interview on the Rice campus with an Architecture faculty member. Such an interview can be arranged by calling the School of Architecture at: 713.348.4864.
A portfolio of creative work is required of all applicants to the School of Architecture. The Portfolio must conform to the following specifications:
PowerPoint file labeled with applicant name (example: JohnDoe.ppt)
- 10 MB maximum file size
- 10 slides maximum (more than one image per slide acceptable)
- Image files must be JPG, JPEG, or GIF
- No image should exceed 1024 x 768 pixel resolution & 96 dots/inch
- No sound or animation permitted
- Email your portfolio to the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org